Who we're seeking:
The Zwift server platform runs on an heterogeneous and distributed cluster composed of several different layers and nodes which require a number of different technologies to integrate on a 24/7 platform for the international user community. We are constantly modifying the software, adding and improving features and accommodating the increased load that comes with the steady growth of our successful business. All changes must happen with no disruption to the service; this requires a great level of automation in tests (functional, load and performance, etc), release deployment, orchestration, and monitoring. Zwift’s continuous growth requires us to form a dedicated team of DevOps specialists to improve and maintain the platform on a continuous basis.
What you'll do:
As an engineer in the DevOps Team you will be responsible for building and maintaining the tools that provision, setup, configure, build, test, deploy, and monitor the different layers and nodes of the Zwift Server Platform.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Advanced knowledge in Linux
- Advanced knowledge in ID Administration
- Advanced Experience with Programing Languages such as C, Java, Python or Ruby
- Advanced Experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting and tools like awk, sed, curl
- Experience with Cloud Based Environments such as AWS
- Advanced Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL Database setup, configuration and monitoring (Such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Advanced Experience in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms and overall Software Design
- Fluent in English (interviews will be conducted in English)
- Enthusiasm for cycling.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, 10+ years of professional experience
- Experience on ID Administration
- Experience in Router and Firewall Configuration
- Experience with TDD, Integration Tests, Continuous Integration, etc
- Experience on Database Design
- Experience on Distributed Systems
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or similar
- Experience with Jenkins, TeamCity or similar
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
Who we are:
Zwift is a digital destination for fitness enthusiasts. We took the boring indoor cycling routine and game-ified it, creating a rewarding social experience shared by a global community of riders.
We are a startup based primarily out of Long Beach, CA with offices in NYC, London, and Rio de Janeiro. This position is ideally located in the Rio office, yet the right candidate could be elsewhere.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.