Who we're seeking:
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our Zwift Mobile Link app. Your primary focus will be on its development and integration with back-end services and our game application. You will be working alongside other engineers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
What we're looking for:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with Bluetooth coding
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with Java annotation and frameworks such as Butter Knife, Retrofit, Dagger 2 , RXJava
- Familiarity with integrating native C code via JNI
- Ability to think as a user and identify UX issues
Top Five Reasons We Think You’ll Love It Here
- Great employee bike program
- Amazing office location on the 19th floor with a killer view
- Full benefits package
- Awesome team of diverse individuals that love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes at work?
Who we are:
Zwift is a digital destination for fitness enthusiasts that’s redefining indoor exercise. We took the boring indoor routine and game-ified it, creating a rewarding social experience shared by a global community.
We’re a fast growing, solidly backed startup defined by a passionate group of creative people that shoot from the hip. Zwift HQ is located in sunny Long Beach, CA.
Zwift Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.