Say hello to the Royal Classics and ride with the King and Queen of the Classics, Philippe Gilbert and Anna van der Breggen. They will be leading one of the Royal Classic Workouts each a week. These two pros have some of the best Classics records in history, both having won the Tour of Flanders as well as three Ardennes Classics—Amstel Gold Race, La Flèche Wallonne and Liège–Bastogne–Liège—in a single season.
It’s every cyclist’s dream to take on the famous Roubaix Vélodrome André-Pétrieux, crest the top of the cobbled Koppenberg, navigate the undulating surface of the Arenberg, and power up the historic Côte de Stockeu of the La Doyenne. These are just a few of the Spring Classics’ most premier features, and riding them takes a certain level of fitness and mental focus. This spring, we’re bringing the fun to Zwift.
The Royal Classics is a “race experience” workout series aiming to bring the spirit of these unique events to Watopia. Riders will find the physical demands in each workout are inspired by their outdoor counterparts. An entire Classics race experience pressed into a single hour on Zwift.
- The Hellingen Royal Classic
- Our take on one of the most famous real-life Classics, the Hellingen Royal Classic on Zwift contains a number of climbs that offer several opportunities to attack and take the lead.
- The Roubaix Royal Classic
- Based on one of the toughest cycling events on the calendar, The Roubaix Royal Classic has tons of intervals that represent specific sections of the course.
- The Cauberg Royal Classic
- Inspired by a lengthy circuit race in a quiet part of Europe, the Cauberg Royal Classic will push riders over and over again until only the strongest riders are left.
- The Ardennes Royal Classic
- Based on the oldest of the Monuments, the Ardennes Royal Classic is perfect for top-of-the-line riders to show their strengths. A series of seemingly never-ending climbs await riders here before the finale plays out over a few last climbs.
Four weeks of fun kicks off March 30 with Gilbert and van der Breggen leading one ride each per week. See the schedule below.
IS THIS A RACE?
Nope. This is a workout series spread across four weeks that puts you square in the saddle to boost your engine.
RIDE WITH GILBERT AND VAN DER BREGGEN
April 2 - 17:30 (UTC/GMT) Anna van der Breggen leads the Hellingen Royal Classics Workout. Sign up here.
April 3 - 17:00 (UTC/GMT) Philippe Gilbert leads the Hellingen Royal Classics Workout. Sign up here.
ABOUT PHILIPPE GILBERT
Belgian road cyclist Philippe Gilbert heads to Zwift for the Royal Classics. A professional racer for UCI WorldTeam Lotto–Soudal, Philippe is the second person in history to have won three Ardennes Classics in a single week. The “King of the Classics,” Philippe is a veritable Classics specialist, with a number of wins under his belt. He has also won stages at each of the three cycling Grand Tours. Be sure to join Philippe in the Royal Classics.
ABOUT ANNA VAN DER BREGGEN
Dutch road cyclist Anna van der Breggen brings a wealth of experience to the Royal Classics. Currently with UCI Women’s Continental Team Boels–Dolmans, Anna rode away with a gold medal for women’s road race in the 2016 Rio Olympics and won the women’s road race in the 2018 UCI Road World Championships. Considered one of the most versatile riders of her generation, Anna excels in both the one-day classics and stage races. In 2017, she won all three Ardennes classics races in one week, earning her the nickname Queen of the Ardennes.