The Norseman Xtreme Triathlon ranks up there as one of the toughest iron-distance events on the planet. Fourteen years ago, the first Isklar Norseman Xtreme Triathlon carved its own category in international triathlon. Norseman continues to attract triathletes from around the world in the ultimate test of endurance, grit, and friendly competition through some of Norway’s most amazing landscapes.
Here’s your Viking day: swim 2.4 miles in 55 degree water (basically an ice bath), bike 112 mi // 180 km along Norway’s mountains, and run a hellacious marathon with a summit finish. Competitors gain over 15,000 ft // 5,000 m of elevation in the bike + run, and have to manage on their own. That’s because Norseman is an unsupported race. Bring your own stuff and get your family and crew to carry it. Another rule? A buddy must pace with you for the final 3 miles of the run, as the race organizers are gravely concerned that you won’t make it up the peak.
This is your chance to race like a Norseman during our Winter Race Series. We've got 12 grueling races lined up for you varying in length and difficulty and each race finishes at the summit of the final climb in true Norseman fashion. Any of you brave enough to complete 6 of the 12 races will unlock in-game the coveted Norseman jersey to keep and wear with pride. Do you have what it takes?
IS THIS A RACE?
Yes. Be prepared for fast starts and hard racing against the clock. Pace it out, so you’ve got enough gas in the tank for the final alpine climb and make it across the finish line. Pick any bike you'd like but don't expect to be able to draft off your competitors.
Zwifters who finish 6 of the 12 races will unlock the Norseman kit, and own the bragging rights forever. Wear it in style and let everyone in Watopia know you are a climbing ninja.
Each route will be repeated 3 times over the course of the 12 weeks. While some of the routes may feel familiar, the Norseman Race Series will utilize custom routes with summit finishes. Please see below for route details and dates each route will be used:
- Tour of Fire & Ice: Jan. 5th, Feb. 2nd, Mar. 2nd
- Total of 17.6 miles // 28.3km and 3927ft // 1197m of elevation gain.
- Features Alpe du Zwift (finish)
- Norseman Big Mountain Loop: Jan. 12th, Feb. 9th Mar. 9th
- Total of 26.9 miles // 43.3km and 3665ft // 1117m of elevation gain.
- Features Epic KOM, Radio Tower, and Epic KOM (finish)
- Road to Sky: Jan. 19th, Feb. 16th, Mar. 16th
- Total of 17.1 miles // 27.6km and 3434ft // 1047m of elevation gain.
- Features Hilly KOM and Alpe du Zwift (Finish)
- Norseman Pretzel to Ruins: Jan. 26th, Feb. 23rd, Mar. 23rd
- Total of 45.3 miles // 72.9km and 3314ft // 1010m of elevation gain.
- Features Hilly KOM (reverse), Volcano Climb, Jungle Loop, and Epic KOM (finish)