Who we're seeking:
The Data Analytics team is responsible for guaranteeing all the Best Practices around Data Analysis, A/B Testing and all other aspects for a Data Driven Company.
The team centralizes the decisions around data collection (both internally and externally collected data) and the tools that are used for Business Decisions Making, Product Insights, A/B Testing, etc. It is also responsible for guaranteeing that every data analysis takes into consideration Statistical Relevance, Sample Sizing and every other aspect that validates such analysis.
We also have Machine Learning experts to help automate many aspects around data analysis and its usage, creating or integrating tools that allow every team in Zwift to run their own data analysis and get to their own insights based on the data that they have available.
As a Database Engineer, it will be your responsibility to make sure that our systems run in the most efficient platforms, both through optimization of our underlying database infrastructure, as well as suggesting new technologies and analysis techniques.
What you'll do:
- Build systems to answer business questions in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate new technologies and products.
- Design and implement a scalable data warehouse using ETL and/or MapReduce technologies.
- Work with our Data Analytics team to develop infrastructure to inform on key metrics, recommend changes, and predict future results.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of in-house and third-party analytics systems
- Work closely with the product team to gather new data and leverage existing data to improve our products.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent.
- Have strong database development skills
- Have solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with database tuning
- Experience with various ETL technologies and familiar with ETL tools.
- Able to take individual ownership of very large complex projects from start to finish.
- Insatiable curiosity, high aptitude with a flair for business impact.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Fluency in English (interviews will be conducted in English)
- 6+ years experience with database engineering and business intelligence.
- Experience with big data and NoSQL
- Expertise with visualization, data mining, or statistical tools is desirable.
- Programming experience in Java, PHP, Python or other language.
- Experience with Data Cleansing processes
Top Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of diverse individuals who love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes at work?
Who we are:
Zwift is a digital destination for fitness enthusiasts. We took the boring indoor cycling routine and game-ified it, creating a rewarding social experience shared by a global community of riders.
We are a startup based primarily out of Long Beach, CA with offices in NYC, London, and Rio de Janeiro. This position is ideally located in the Rio office, yet the right candidate could be elsewhere.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.