Flexible Training Plans make it easy to meet your fitness goals on your own time. These plans are carefully designed to get you in prime shape for your next event. With 9 cycling plans and 3 running plans to choose from, you’ll be ready for any adventure. It’s like having a coach in your corner, always keeping you on track.
Log in to Zwift. At the Start screen, tap TRAINING in the top right corner to open the updated training window. You will see two tabs — one for general workouts, and a new tab listing the training plans. Each plan has a specific badge, color, and description that provides an overview.
Depending on your goal, there are plans for everyone. Choose from a general fitness booster like the FTP Builder or train to run a Half Marathon. There are also event specific training plans, like the PRL100 and Fondo plans. Want to see what’s inside? Tap VIEW PLAN and scroll to explore.
When you’re ready, click ENROLL to begin! The system is smart and intuitive, serving up your workout whenever you log onto Zwift.
- Are you a cyclist? Do an FTP test before you start. Make sure your FTP is accurate and up-to-date before beginning your plan. Testing ensures your intervals are on target and tailored to your current level of fitness. Read How-To Find My FTP.
- Are you a runner? Make sure all your split times are set correctly. If you don’t know your split times, run a mile on Zwift at your fastest pace possible. Zwift will automatically calculate your 5K, 10K, half, and full marathon pace. They will appear in blue, so be sure to accept these values before you begin the plan. You can find them in your in-game profile from the pause menu.
- All plans start on a Monday. You can sign up any day of the week. You’ll have the option of doing warm-up workouts beforehand, or just start fresh on Monday.
- Choose your duration. When you select a plan, you’ll be given options for duration. Keep in mind your event date, if applicable, and adjust accordingly.
- Workout window. You’ll have a specific range of time to complete each scheduled workout. When you finish a workout, your plan will slide and adjust your schedule to accommodate and keep you on target. They’re flexible!
- Recovery. We don’t want you to overtrain, and we don’t want to you stagnate either. Recovery is carefully put in place to prevent both scenarios. There are not set "rest days." Instead, after completing a workout, the next workout is "locked" for a certain amount of time based on how difficult it is. We want to make sure you are always able to perform at your best.
- Keeping you on track. Log into Zwift and today’s workout will appear at the top of the Start screen. If you want to skip it and free ride or join an event, click ‘Clear.’
- Badges to earn. Finish a plan and you’ll earn more than stronger legs. You’ll get a sweet new badge as well.
- Doing your first workout. Get the basics in this article, and take it up to the next level by training with Zwift Companion, the mobile app used to view upcoming events, get workout mode, and more.
- Get mobile reminders. Download the free Zwift Companion App to see your full training plan in one place.
Want an even more in-depth look? Check out Shane Miller's breakdown of Training Plans here.
READY TO BEGIN?
From the Start screen, click TRAINING > PLANS to enroll and get going! We hope you enjoy this new feature and look forward to hearing about your experience.