We’re proud to be the L’Etape du Tour de France official Training Partner and welcome you to the L’Etape du Tour de France Training Club. Limited to 30,000 riders, the exclusive Zwift club is designed around the rigors of the 2019 L’Etape du Tour de France event in France and allows you to ride and train with thousands of others with the same goal: finish the L’Etape du Tour de France with flying colors.
As part of the L’Etape du Tour de France Training Club, you’ll get access to the training plan designed by World Tour coach, Kevin Poulton, with workouts and rides built specifically for the 2019 L’Etape du Tour Route. Ride all of the workouts and you’ll unlock unique items that are only available to club members.
Between March 2019 and July 21st—the date of the 2019 L’Etape du Tour de France—you’ll complete group rides, races, as well as individual workouts that will count toward your 100% progress achievement. You will unlock exclusive club items along the way to help keep you motivated throughout your training schedule. Expect unlocks at the end of each training phase.
Not Riding the 2019 L’Etape du Tour de France?
The L'Etape du Tour de France Training Club is open to all, but space is limited. Complete the Training Club program and you’ll be ready for whatever July throws at you, whether it’s a new PR at the L'Etape du Tour de France, crushing your local rides, races, or both!
What to expect in the L’Etape du Tour de France Training Club:
L’Etape du Tour de France Structured Training Plan:
The 4-month structured training plan is designed around the demands of the 2019 L’Etape du Tour de France. Covering 135 km // 83.8mi, and featuring 4,563 m // 14,970ft of climbing, the 2019 course is the same route as Stage 20 of the Tour de France.
Renowned coach Kevin Poulton, who successfully coached Matthew Hayman to a 2016 Paris Roubaix victory, has crafted a training plan to help you get to peak form and cross the finish line with flying colors. The training plan will utilize Zwift features including group events, freeride simulation, races, and structured workouts. All intended to help you experience efforts close to what you can expect on event day—and keeping you motivated by improving your fitness.
L'Etape du Tour de France Training Club
March 25 - July 14 2019:
16 weeks of L’Etape du Tour de France structured training plans
Workouts - Train with structure to maximize fitness - Workouts become available in-game March 25 to enrolled participants in the training club.
- 7 workouts per training phase (1 training phase = 4 weeks)
- 4 training phase's in total
- Early Base (from March 25) - View training schedule
- Late Base (from April 22) - View training schedule
- Build (from May 20)
- Preparation (from June 17)
- 28 workouts total
- Each training phase is date locked.
- Log into Zwift to view in workouts dropdown.
- Endurance training events - Ride routes with similar terrain to sections of the L’Etape du Tour - Schedule Ride
- Training Races - Replicate real-life efforts and gauge fitness improvements - Schedule Race
- L’Etape du Tour de France IRL signups will get Zwift VIP access at the event in July
- Complete 7 workouts per training phase.
- Upon progress completion, you will unlock exclusive items only available to L’Etape du Tour de France Training Club Members
- There will be 4 unlocks in total (Cap, Socks, Gloves, Kit) for members who complete the L'Etape du Tour de France Workouts found in-game from the workout menu.
- Phase 1 - Cycling Cap
- Phase 2 - Socks
- Phase 3 - Gloves
- Phase 4 - Complete Kit
- You can complete these workouts at any time but the unlocks will only be applied at certain dates. If you complete, for instance, Phase 1 workouts after April 24, no worries, you'll receive your unlock on the next unlock date of May 23.
- April 24
- May 23
- June 19
- July 17
- Aug 22 (After the Training Club has finished)
About the L'Etape du Tour de France
2019 L’Etape du Tour de France Route Details:
- Date: July 21, 2019
- Location: Albertville - Val Thorens (20th Stage of the TDF)
- Distance: 135km // 83.8mi
- Elevation Gain: 4,563m // 14,970ft
- Start Elevation: 446m // 1,463ft
- Finish Elevation: 2,365m // 7,759ft
L’Étape du Tour de France brings together 15,000 participants including semi-professional cyclists, amateur champions, cycling enthusiasts and passionate who train hard but also beginners who wish to challenge themselves and live the Tour de France experience.
On July 21 2019, for its 29th edition, L’Étape du Tour de France will link Albertville and Val Thorens for the 20th stage of the Tour de France.