We’re proud to be the L’Etape du Tour official Training Partner and welcome you to the L’Etape du Tour Training Club. Limited to 30,000 riders, the exclusive Zwift club is designed around the rigors of the 2019 L’Etape du Tour event in France and allows you to ride and train with thousands of others with the same goal: finish the L’Etape du Tour with flying colors.
As part of the L’Etape du Tour Training Club, you’ll get access to the training plan designed by World Tour coach, Kevin Poulton, with workouts and rides built specifically for the 2019 L’Etape du Tour Route. Ride all of the required events and you’ll unlock unique items that are only available to club members.
Between January 2019 and July 21st—the date of the 2019 L’Etape du Tour—you’ll complete group rides as well as individual and group workouts that will count toward your 100% progress achievement. You will unlock exclusive club items along the way to help keep you motivated throughout your training schedule. Expect unlocks at 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% progress.
Not Riding the 2019 L’Etape du Tour in France?
The L'Etape du Tour Training Club is open to all, but space is limited. Complete the Training Club program and you’ll be ready for whatever July throws at you, whether it’s a new PR at the L'Etape du Tour, crushing your local rides, races, or both!
What to expect in the L’Etape du Tour Training Club:
L’Etape du Tour Structured Training Plan:
The 4-month structured training plan is designed around the demands of the 2019 L’Etape du Tour. Covering 135 km and featuring 4,563 m of climbing, the 2019 course is the same route as Stage 20 of the Tour de France.
Renowned coach Kevin Poulton, who successfully coached Matthew Hayman to a 2016 Paris Roubaix victory, has crafted a training plan to help you get to peak form and cross the finish line with flying colors. The training plan will utilize Zwift features including group events, freeride simulation, races, and structured workouts. All intended to help you experience efforts close to what you can expect on event day—and keeping you motivated by improving your fitness.
L'ETAPE DU TOUR SPORTIVE PB RAPHA
December 30 -
- Tame the Four Horseman, 89.3 km (55.5 miles), to unlock a special Rapha Flyweight Kit
- Learn more and sign up here
January - March 2019:
- L’Etape du Tour warmup group events - Ride routes with similar terrain to sections of the L’Etape du Tour
- Ride to Win events - Ride and complete these events for a chance to win exclusive prizes
- L’Etape du Tour warmup group workouts - Train with others as you gear up for the training plan
- Learn more here
L'Etape du Tour Training Club
March - July 2019:
- 16 weeks of L’Etape du Tour structured training plans
- Group Workouts - Train with others to keep your motivation high
- Group events - Ride routes with similar terrain to sections of the L’Etape du Tour
- Training Races - Replicate real-life efforts and gauge fitness improvements
- Exclusive Unlocks
- L’Etape du Tour IRL signups will get Zwift VIP access at the event in July
- Complete a select number of workouts and events per month
- Upon progress completion, you will unlock exclusive items only available to L’Etape du Tour Training Club Members
Track Your Progress:
The L'Etape du Tour Training club will feature a progress page that tracks your rides, so you don’t have to. We’ll keep you posted on upcoming events and keep a record of your pedaling and unlocks, so you stay on track. You will also find links to articles explaining the “workout blocks” to help you understand the training plan benefits and aims.
Enrollment opens Late Feb:
L’Etape du Tour Training Club enrollment opens late Feb. Until then, prepare yourself for the Training Club and sign up for upcoming events in the L’Etape du Tour Warm-Up series here.
About the L'Etape du Tour
2019 L’Etape du Tour Route Details:
- Date: July 21, 2019
- Location: Albertville - Val Thorens (20th Stage of the TDF)
- Distance: 135km // 83.8mi
- Elevation Gain: 4,563m // 14,970ft
- Start Elevation: 446m // 1,463ft
- Finish Elevation: 2,365m // 7,759ft
L’Étape du Tour brings together 15,000 participants including semi-professional cyclists, amateur champions, cycling enthusiasts and passionate who train hard but also beginners who wish to challenge themselves and live the Tour de France experience.
On July 21 2018, for its 29th edition, L’Étape du Tour will link Albertville and Val Thorens for the 20th stage of the Tour de France.